Value Health Partners Announces their 3rd Year Stroke Awareness Video Contest Winners
The winning videos were submitted by students of Rockford High School, Allison Reichenbach and Baylie Rajter; Hanover-Horton High School, Maitlynn Mossolle, Keelie Schmidt, Kayla Piloske and Holly Schittenhelm; and East Middle School, Travers City, Teal Sikorski, Maisy Russell and Chloe Ammond. Their schools media departments will receive prize money in amounts between $500 - $1,000.
The Ultimate Winner (overall) is Rockford High School (Allison Reichenbach and Baylie Rajter) who will receive an additional $500!
This is the third year of the competition which is open to students in the areas served by VHP's member organizations. The purpose is to increase stroke awareness with the hope of decreasing the rate of death and disability from stroke. Member organizations partnered with VHP to fund this special effort to work with area students to educate the community about the importance of immediate stroke response.
The winning videos as well as all other videos submitted can be viewed at 2013 VHP Stroke Awareness Video Contest Winners YouTube playlist. Approximately 8,000 patients in the areas served by VHP members suffer from a stroke each year. In recognition of National Stroke Awareness Month in May, students were encouraged to submit a public service video that captured the “FAST” message to help the public easily recall stroke symptoms and know what to do.
- Face – Ask the person to smile. Does one side of the face droop?
- Arms – Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
- Speech – Ask the person to repeat a simple phrase. Is their speech slurred or strange?
- Time – If you observe any of these signs, call 9-1-1 immediately – the ambulance ride is more than a ride . . . it’s where treatment begins.
VHP was formed in 2008 to create greater value for the patients and communities they serve. The coalition's focus is on:
- Clinical quality and best practices
- Community health improvement programs to address health disparities for at-risk populations
- Advocacy to represent a variety of Michigan communities on health policy issues
Value Health Partners includes:
- Allegiance Health, Jackson
- Bronson Healthcare Group, Kalamazoo
- Covenant HealthCare, Saginaw
- Lakeland HealthCare, St. Joseph
- Munson Healthcare, Traverse City
- Sparrow Health System, Lansing
- Spectrum Health System, Grand Rapids
VHP Member Area Junior High and High Schools -- Participate in VHP's 3rd Annual Stroke Awareness Video Contest!
VHP's seven leading health systems are working together to advance the health in our communities. One of the ways we accomplish this is to share important information in a creative way that can save lives and improve health. VHP continues to focus on stroke as one of the areas to increase awareness and we are excited about the creativity and conversation this contest will create!Available Downloads:
If you'd like to share the contest flyer that was mailed to various VHP member area schools, please click here to access the flyer.
Registration is currently closed.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions at all.
View our previous winners on YouTube! And follow us on Facebook!******************