VHP Invites Michigan junior and senior high students to participate in the 4th Annual Stroke Awareness Contest!
Value Health Partners (VHP), a collaborative of eight leading health systems in the state of Michigan, invites you to participate in the 4th Annual VHP Stroke Awareness Contest to begin on January 1, 2014. Through the contest, we wish to partner with you on this Naiontal agenda to save lives in our communities. Winners of the contest will receive an award certificate and monetary award in the amount of $1,000 for first place and $500 for second place. Winners and their submission will also be highlighted in a VHP-lead public service announcement campaign throughout Michigan.
To learn more about the contest, please click on the avaiable downloads below:
Contest Rules and Specifications
If you'd like to share the contest postcard that was mailed to Michigan schools, please click here to view it.
Registration begins January 1, 2014.
Register Online Now
Feel free to contact us at 616.486.6540 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
View our previous winners on YouTube! Also, be sure to follow us on Facebook!
Value Health Partners Announces their 3rd Year Stroke Awareness Video Contest Winners
The winning videos were submitted by students of Rockford High School, Allison Reichenbach and Baylie Rajter; Hanover-Horton High School, Maitlynn Mossolle, Keelie Schmidt, Kayla Piloske and Holly Schittenhelm; and East Middle School, Travers City, Teal Sikorski, Maisy Russell and Chloe Ammond. Their schools media departments will receive prize money in amounts between $500 - $1,000.
The Ultimate Winner (overall) is Rockford High School (Allison Reichenbach and Baylie Rajter) who will receive an additional $500!
This is the third year of the competition which is open to students in the areas served by VHP's member organizations. The purpose is to increase stroke awareness with the hope of decreasing the rate of death and disability from stroke. Member organizations partnered with VHP to fund this special effort to work with area students to educate the community about the importance of immediate stroke response.
The winning videos as well as all other videos submitted can be viewed at 2013 VHP Stroke Awareness Video Contest Winners YouTube playlist. Approximately 8,000 patients in the areas served by VHP members suffer from a stroke each year. In recognition of National Stroke Awareness Month in May, students were encouraged to submit a public service video that captured the “FAST” message to help the public easily recall stroke symptoms and know what to do.
- Face – Ask the person to smile. Does one side of the face droop?
- Arms – Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
- Speech – Ask the person to repeat a simple phrase. Is their speech slurred or strange?
- Time – If you observe any of these signs, call 9-1-1 immediately – the ambulance ride is more than a ride . . . it’s where treatment begins.
VHP was formed in 2008 to create greater value for the patients and communities they serve. The coalition's focus is on:
- Clinical quality and best practices
- Community health improvement programs to address health disparities for at-risk populations
- Advocacy to represent a variety of Michigan communities on health policy issues
Value Health Partners includes:
- Allegiance Health, Jackson
- Bronson Healthcare Group, Kalamazoo
- Covenant HealthCare, Saginaw
- Lakeland HealthCare, St. Joseph
- Munson Healthcare, Traverse City
- Sparrow Health System, Lansing
- Spectrum Health System, Grand Rapids